Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Taking the Cake



Sweets are my kryptonite. I eat them often and savor them quickly. My favorite sugar haunts in Houston are fairly predictable, Shepherd’s The Chocolate Bar, The Desert Gallery and Crave Cupcakes. But by far the best sugar rush I get comes from the ambrosial melt-in-your-mouth flavors of Hey Cupcake! in Austin. Run out of an Airstream trailer, the super sweet company combines conventional flavors in a completely non-conventional way. For example, the Michael Jackson. The name says it all, a light and fluffy chocolate cupcake iced with gobs of gooey cream cheese frosting (needless to say, my favorite). Cupcake goers can even get a free “whipper-snapper,” a shot of fresh whipped cream injected delicately into your cake of choice. This place is a MUST GO on every trip to Austin and my mouth is watering…

(Photo courtesy of http://cupcakestakethecake.blogspot.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment